It is the tenant of a property that is entitled to a Grant as they pay the fuel bills. There are several different types of grant available, depending on the products required and your tenants circumstances. Please see the following pages for more information:

Even if the tenants do not qualify for a grant or the property is empty, EnergyLink can still arrange for you to have a free survey and quote from an approved installer in your local area.

How To Apply

There are two ways for landlords to apply for Loft & Wall Insulation grants on behalf of their tenants, depending on the number of properties rented out:

Single Property
If you let one property, please make sure your tenant is aware of the application then complete our main application form. At step 4, you will need to enter your tenant's name and contact details. It would be helpful if you could mention you are the landlord and put your name and telephone number in the additional notes.

Our approved installer will contact them to make an appointment to carry out a free no-obligation survey, unless you specify otherwise in the notes.

Multiple Properties
If you have more than one property, you can complete our online form multiple times. However, all applications will need to be checked before we allocate them. The quickest and easiest way to apply on behalf of several tenants is to call us on 0800 4588 566 during office hours.

Note that installers will never carry out any work to the property without receiving written permission from the landlord.

Why should landlords insulate?

There are several reasons why landlords should insulate their properties. Fitting insulation improves the condition and value of the property and helps to attract new tenants when properties are empty. It will also help to keep existing tenants who will save money on their heating bills and feel more comfortable in their surroundings. Having loft insulation and cavity wall insulation also helps when it comes to sell a property.

All homes sold or rented in England and Wales require an Energy Performance Certificate. A well insulated property will have a higher Energy Efficiency rating. In addition, Wall Insulation comes with a 25 year guarantee from CIGA or SWIGA (the Cavity/Solid Wall Insulation Guarantee Agencies) which can be passed on. Home Insulation also helps to protect the environment from global warming.

  • Improves property value & condition.
  • Helps attract new tenants.
  • Helps to keep existing tenants.
  • Makes it easier to sell the property.
  • Wall insulation has a 25 year guarantee.
  • Helps to protect the environment.

Landlords are required to produce an Energy Performance Certificate when letting or re-letting a property. Certificates are valid for 10 years.

N.B. We cannot accept grant applications from Social Landlords.
(unless your tenant owns more than 50% of the property)

read more
Enter your postcode, products and circumstances into our form to see which grant you are likely to qualify for.
Enter your contact details so we can arrange a free, no-obligation survey by an approved installer.
Our approved installer in your local area will call you to arrange your free no-obligation survey.
Privacy & Cookies | Terms - Copyright EnergyLink Ltd. 2013